Lesson 1, Topic 1
How organizations can benefit from carbon credits
- Being recognized for climate leadership as part of a broader Corporate Social Responsibility or sustainability strategy.
- Responding to demand from stakeholders, from consumers to investors, to disclose and manage climate risk to the business.
- Earning the credibility that comes from being responsible for full environmental impact or costs to natural capital.
- Pre-compliance measures where companies may be exposed to carbon pricing measures like a carbon tax.
- Reducing the commercial risk from supply chain threats as a result of climate change.
- Contributing to global climate goals .